April 9, 2013
The good old days in one picture
Let me count the ways...
- Tons of people outside in a public place.
- No cocooning gizmos (iPod, cell phone, etc.).
- Kid allowed to hang out in public with no shirt on.
- Chick with no bra on, and it's neither shameful nor attention-whoring because nobody notices (including her).
- Wholesome daisy dukes too.
- Sports / athletics part of everyday life, and they're fun rather than a chore.
- Three apparently unrelated children, and not a parent in sight.
- And no helmets, pads, etc.
- Teenage girl mock-flirting with pre-adolescent boys to help them grow to feel comfortable around girls.
- Whites and blacks hanging out in the same space, not a black ghetto / SWPL refuge configuration. Mostly due to whites having more backbone and keeping real-life blacks under closer watch, rather than abandon their space altogether.
- No sunscreen.
- Clothes that fit the body, not Victorian trash-bags.
- No slobs or obese people, and no overly fussy or anorexic people either.
...what else did I leave out?